Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mommy of two

After Adriana was born, Ronnie stayed home for two weeks, which was great, and then my mom was with us for week. It was fantastic, but that time quickly came to an end and I was on my own with two for 5 weeks until Ronnie was out for the summer. Those were the fastest yet slowest weeks of my life. Looking back they are all a blur! I only had one or two break downs :) And those were on days when I was sleep deprived. Connor was the best behaved boy during those five weeks. It is almost like he could sense that I was just minutes away from a break down from exhaustion everyday so he took it easy on mama :) He listened great, he wasn't cranky, and more or less was picture perfect. He didn't throw one single fit those entire five weeks!

Now, it's a different story, I think he can sense that I am back to normal and dada is home so he is more of his "spirited" self, we have had a few more tantrums and he is now starting to talk back. Oh to be almost three (THREE!?!)...

It is so different with two. I am constantly tired and hungry, trying to get something to eat anytime I can. And I feel the need to just get out of the house on almost a daily basis, even if it is just to the store or to get coffee. With Connor, we hardly left the house until he was four months old (Partially because that was during the whole swine flu madness). That just isn't possible with a two and a half year old, nor desirable. We all get a little crazy if we are in the house too long!

 Honestly the hardest part of being a mom of two is trying to give them enough attention and keeping the gosh darn house somewhat clean. Yikes! Tornado Connor can make a mess in no time and I feel like I am constantly cleaning the kitchen and making food for someone. Thank goodness Adriana breastfeeds so I don't have to deal with bottles for her! I just love them so much and my heart melts seeing them together. Our family feels very complete.






No comments:

Post a Comment