Monday, June 18, 2012

Big Brother Connor

I thought it would be good to give an update on Connor since he has a new title: Big Brother :)

Truth be told, I was TERRIFIED of how Connor would react to Adriana. Connor is a routine kind of kid and when his routine it changed, it really throws him off. Example, in the winter I had to take a class on campus at WOU every Tuesday, so I would drive straight from work to Monmouth and get home at around 9pm and most nights he would be in bed. Very sad for both of us. And the next day he would always be in a sour mood with everyone, and be extra clingy to me.

When we would try to talk to Connor about being a big brother and having a little sister, he would most of the time ignore us and start talking about trains or run off. I honestly was not sure if he knew that he was going to be a big brother at all. I just knew in my heart that this was going to be a very difficult transition for him and it made me sad and worried about him.

When I had Adriana, Connor had a bad cold and so we didn't think he should come visit while we were there. That was so hard on me, I have never been away from Connor overnight and it was really hard. It was hard on him too. Ronnie was home with Connor and my mom went over to help out and when she knocked on the door he ran to the door yelling "Mama! Mama!, it made my mom cry and made me cry when she told me. It's getting me teary eyed now! Darn hormones!

So when Adriana and I were ready to come home, I was very nervous, I had a little anxiety. I was so excited to see Connor, but I was worried how he would react because there would be this baby who needed me so much and my little boy who would also need me so much. When I knocked on our door, I heard him yelling "Mama, mama!" and when he opened the door he had the biggest smile. I couldn't help myself, I picked him up, even though I wasn't supposed to be carrying anything! We hugged and hugged and he wouldn't let me go.

We were snuggling on the couch when Ronnie took Adriana out of her carseat and without missing a beat Connor said "Oh there's Adriana!", like we had been looking for her the whole time! It was so so sweet and I will never forget it. And he was a proud big brother, wanted to touch her and hold her, look at her.

And that is pretty much how he has been since. I really expected the novelty of the baby to wear off, but Connor really really loves his sister. He always wants to make sure if we are going anywhere that she is going too. He is constantly talking about her, "Ana hungry? Ana need a baba? Ana is excited! Ana is awake! Don't cry Ana, Connor's here. Ana so pretty. Oh she looking at me!" It is so very sweet and I love it! Whenever she is nursing, he likes to sit next to us and snuggle and pat her head and give her kisses.

                                                               Their first meeting <3
                                                 
                                                                    Daily kisses!

I am loving this phase while it lasts! I know in a blink of an eye, they will be arguing over toys and someone staring at the other... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment