Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Quick run down!

It has been a fantastic summer so far and it has been a little while since I blogged, so I thought I would give a quick run down of what is going on in the White household :)

Last week I got LASIK surgery! My vision is not terrible, but I WAS nearsighted and did have corrective lenses that I RARELY wore, but should have because without them I was squinting a lot! So I finally decided to get the surgery because we had some extra money in our health flex account and this is the last year to use that money for LASIK. I scheduled this surgery months ago and the day of surgery I was fine, until Ronnie and Connor dropped me off. Despite LASIK being very routine and not major, I suddenly felt very anxious and emotional, I couldn't say goodbye for some reason and just had to give my boys quicks kisses goodbye. Connor realized something was not right because when I left, Ronnie said he cried out a very worried "Mama!" :( So glad I didn't hear it! The surgery itself was very bizarre, I felt like I was being probed by aliens. It was not a painless as some people had told me, but manageable. The first three hours after the surgery were rather uncomfortable and I was thinking "Why on earth did I do this!" But literally after the first three hours I was totally fine. The next day my vision was 20/15 and I have been amazed at how crisp everything is, to see trees so clearly. I am going to need good eye sight to keep an eye on my boy!

Two days after my surgery I met some of Ronnie's family on his mom's side. Ronnie's mom passed away several years ago and he lost contact with a lot of his mom's side of the family, but thanks to the magic of facebook, his aunt found him and we had lunch with her and her daughter and her daughter's two kids. It was really nice to meet Ronnie's mom's side of the family because Ronnie's mom means so very much to him and he misses her everyday. He misses her even more now that Connor is here and wishes more than anything that they could know each other. It makes me happy that Connor has now met that side of the family.

In about a week we will be making our yearly summer trip to Eureka, CA to see all of my wonderful extended family. It is always an exhausting trip, but it fills me up with so much joy. My extended family is my world and it is so very important to me that Connor knows them well and loves them as much as I do. Growing up I remember constantly being surrounded my aunts and uncles and cousins and I love and treasure the closeness my family has. I want Connor to have that too with his cousins and so we are very excited to go and see them on a perfect long weekend. On one day we will be celebrating Braelynn's first birthday and the next day we will be going to a baby shower for my cousin Lili! There is always something going on in the family, I love the new generation we are all creating!

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to meet you and see Ronnie again. I have thought of him over the years and wondered how he was doing. I hope he knows just how proud Aunt Sue would have been of him and how much she would have loved Conner. Let's plan an afternoon at the park soon!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete