Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Camera


For Father's Day this year I got my husband a very nice camera, a Nikon D3100. He has wanted an SLR camera for as long as I have known him and his goal is to one day make a book on botany and use pictures he takes of native plants from the Northwest. We have always put off buying one because they are rather expensive, but this year for Father's Day I really wanted to get it for him because he simply is a remarkable Dada (whom Connor still calls Mama). No one can make Connor laugh quite like he can and he is very much present and active in Connor's life. Except for breastfeeding, Ronnie has done and does everything that I do for Connor. He stays up with him all night when he is sick, he reads him books, he folds his laundry, gives him baths, rocks him to sleep, takes him to the doctor, he does it all. He absolutely deserved this camera, he was very surprised and a little nervous about my big purchase (because we bought season duck tickets the same week!), but I assured him that we were taken care of budget wise and he became excited.

He got his camera right in time for one of his summer school courses on digital photography, so he was able to learn a little bit about how to use the camera and the different settings. Here is some of his work so far and some pics of the boy of course :)




I think Ronnie is well on his way to making his book!



This one is my personal fav :)

No comments:

Post a Comment